Sunday, February 10, 2008

O's vs A's May 18th & 19th 1981


Highlights of the O's vs A's game, May 18th 1981 and May 19th (TV). Listen to Earl and Eddie get thrown out! Awesome commentary by Tom Marr (I think). McGregor was awesome, 9 innings, 3 hits, no walks and 7 K's.

May 19th game Mike Norris for the A's throws a complete game, but loses to Flannagan 6-5. This win made is 16 out of 19 wins and 7 in a row. This recording is the TV audio with Brooks Robinson.

As I said in my opening post, you can hear me at times since the recording device was placed near the speaker rather than a direct record. You'll have to suffer through some rough parts of the tape, but overall, very enjoyable.

Enjoy! Please leave comments.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AH5R138R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated Tom Marr. Awful announcer. Jon Miller, Chuck Thompson, Bill O'Donnell all excellent. Hey the young Birds are playing well so far.

NaplesGC said...

Thompson and O'Donnell were my favs. Yes, I am loving this years team. I may just start loading some more old tapes on the site. Did you listen?